Options for Controlling Temp in One Room with Nest System?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've had Nest installed for a couple of years now and has always done the job for what we need, but we've since gained a new member of the family who is now 6 months old and about to move into her own nursery.

Is there any workable options out there for getting the temperature in her nursery pretty constant during the night?

I know there are other systems out there (hive, tado, drayton etc.) that use smart TRVs but im stuck with Nest (who of all people you would think would have TRV's) unless I want to splash out another few hundred quid.

Im using a combi, house isnt zoned so its all just one big loop.

The nursery gets upto temp through normal heating but drops once the heating goes down at night. Ive also got one of them Drimaster machines in the loft which gives a gentle breeze which is probably contributing in the early hours.

Sponsored Links
If it’s just the one room that needs to be heated at night, then a separate zone may have to be created. I’m not familiar with smart stuff yet.

Im thinking if im going to do it then its going to be 'cheaper' to just swap the nest for a different setup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back