orange maintaniance light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there am just new to this site a noticed yourself used to be in vauxhall well i have an 04 plate corsa c a was out a couple days ago and turned to my left and a seen on the dashboard the orange mainanace light come on and it started losing power but when a pulled over switched the engine off for few seconds i turned the key 2 times and waited a few seconds and start the car light went off next day started the engine again and same thing happend so am hoping if you could tell me what the problem could be thank you look forward to hearing from you

Sponsored Links
could be a poor connnection.
I cant turn mine off, tried the fixs, been on for 3 years now.

i have been told it could be egr,maf, or lambda sensor but what poor connection and why does it lose power when that light comes on

Cant help any more, not a mechanic, but you could push all the electical coonections under the bonnet.
Do a google on the things you mention to see where they are.

Sponsored Links
ok thank you anyway im not the only one with this problem but one more thing do you get the lose of power when that light is on

could be any of the sensors you mentioned. you need to get the car plugged in to a fault code reader and this will point you in the right direction

Loss of power is usually "limp home mode" to get you home, but you can't keep driving with the light on.
Sensor or connection problems, O2 (oxygen Lambda all the same thing) will be found on the exhaust system and you may have 2 fitted. One the engine side of the cat box and one the other side. Sometimes if the cat box has a restriction the computer senses the difference in the two sensors and throws the light on. Give the car a good long hard drive and check the connections.

Then if the light comes on, get it plugged in to see the fault codes

I don't work on Vauxhall, so some of the other guys will fill in the gaps.

I would probably say you have a duff lambda sensor (front/rear or both) and Mursal is spot on, you lose power when the EML comes on as the ECU detects a problem and drops in to Limp mode, it's effectively protecting the engine by keeping revs and power low.
You really need to get the car code read to be really sure. One way to check if it's the MAF sensor is to simply disconnect it, if the problem persists it's not that.

You can get the code out of this i believe at home
Get in car and put accel and brake to floor
turn ignition to 2 so lights on dash all come on
the light should flash out the code
ie 10-3-10-10 would be 0300 google p0300 it will be a Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected,
Maf code is 0100

http://www.troublecodes.net/OBD2/Pcodes.shtml

Sponsored Links
Back