Engine lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, Could anyone help me please?
My wife has a 2002 52reg 1.0ltr corsa, Its was serviced and mot'd in april 2010. Last week an orange light came on the dashboard of car with a spanner on it and the car started to slightly over rev Also the light without the spanner comes on. sometimes both together.Been told its the air flow meter then its could be the Lambda sensor or the injectors. rang a garage and was told just to look at it it would be £50+ vat. I'm ok at fixing cars if i know whats wrong. but everything these days is electronic. old cars are the best. Please help. thanks.

Sponsored Links
Try getting the Fault codes on the Vauxhall do this
open car put the brake and accelerator full down and the put the ignition to position 2 so car DOES NOT start then it should flash a code out on the dash ie 10 pause 2 pause 2 pause 10 pause would give P0220

open car put the brake and accelerator full down and the put the ignition to position 2 so car DOES NOT start then it should flash a code out on the dash ie 10 pause 2 pause 2 pause 10 pause would give P0220

I'll give it a try when wife gets home tonight. thanks.

Sponsored Links

Hi Stuart, how do you know its "P" or a power train fault code. Or are they the only ones covered by the engine light?

on the VX it will flash powertrain codes only which does cover most faults you'd need as a home job
On vx the engine is a fault with the exhaust emission circuit
where as the spanner is an engine/gearbox electronic fault

on my last Mitsi and older VX you can get the fault code out by shorting the pins on the ODB port to get the codes out the Mitsi flash the abs light for brake AYC light for those fault etc.

At a random guess i think it may be the EGR valve so you may get a code of P0400

the other thing If you intend to keep the car and have a laptop.
Have a look on ebay for opcom v1.39 Just looked search vauxhall diagnostic)

I brought a cheapy laptop and Opcom for £90 (cheaper tha vaux price to plug in)
But a mate gave me £20 to do his cars twice and charged someone £25 to activate criuse control.

Thank you stuart for info on code finding. I have just done it and given me P0335 which is Crankshaft sensor incorrect signal. Just need to sort it out now. hope an easy job. thanks.

Sponsored Links
Back