Organising screws.,drillbits etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just dropped my box and everything went everywhere so fed up just separated drill bits, nails and put all sizes of screws together. Didn't want to do this but it would take forever. Is it necessary to separate sizes of screws or other stuff?
1508691520349366650444.jpg

Sponsored Links
For convenience it is nessercary. Some people like neat and tidy some do not care. I like neat, tidy and organised :D

Neat and tidy, saves time looking for stuff and damage to tools.

Do you have children? approx 7-11 years old up? If so pay them £3 to sort them out for you. Make them think it's a game. Job done

Andy

Sponsored Links
Is it necessary to separate sizes of screws or other stuff?
Yes. Think about what might happen if you are screwing through something with very little margin of error (e.g. a 18mm thick £40 kitchen door) using 16mm screws and you pick up the next screw from the same container which just happens to be a 19mm one - and it pierces the door and ruins it......

If anything arrives at home wrapped or packed in ballistic foam or even expanded urethane foam why not cut some close fitting "plugs" out of it to go inside your little container pots? Whilst it won't stop you spilling the lot if you drop an open sorter box, it will stop the tendency of screws to migrate between containers when they are being bumped around in the van. And get into the habit of closing boxes (sorter, tool, etc) when you are not actually taking stuff out or replacing it. In the long run it saves time and effort (not to mention temper)

I could put these screws underneath as spares then buy different sizes and reorganise. . What type of screw boxes do u guys use?

Absolutely essential. You can easily triple the time to do a job if stuff isn't where you can easily find it. I like to keep stuff that goes together... together. Drill n drill bits with each other etc etc.. trust me it reduces stress no end.

Oh and one final thing. Never ever entertain the idea of having a jam jar of left over screws etc that "May come in useful" bin them!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back