Original Victorian Rope Top Edgings

H

hotrod

Anyone know where I can source some original victorian rope top edgings from? I need about a dozen to match in with some existing and to replace broken ones etc - part of a larger paving job. Here's a pic, they are approx 12" * 12":-

I've already tried fleaby (no joy) and can't check freecycle/freegle because you need a yahoo account, wtf!

New ones will stand out a mile so aren't an option unless I replace the lot. I'm in Lancs, anyone got any ideas?

Cheers guys

Sponsored Links
Don't have any near me Nige. Think they must be the preserve of the southerners for the sloane rangers and trustafarians to get their backsides tanned :LOL: .

Do you reckon I might get any joy over in gardening? Just realised we've got a gardening forum :idea:

If you find some on the web (plenty to choose from) it's worth pointing out that some are noticeably fatter than others, and you really need to compare them in the 'flesh'.

Sponsored Links
Don't know whereabouts you are HR but a reclamation yard is the best place to look.

We have one in Staffs - Cawarden that is quite good.

Is that this one nose, CAWARDEN BRICK & TILE CO LTD, Cawarden Springs Farm, Blithbury Road? Looks a good un that but unfortunately it's about 90 miles south of here.

There don't seem to be any decent large salvo yards within 30 miles of here. I've had a look on Salvo and it lists 11 in Lancs but most seem to be pretty small affairs and not like the one in Cawarden that you mentioned.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back