Osama Gully Bubbling on Pressure Test

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Removed an old cast gully and I've replaced with plastic pipes, new Osama Gully. I used a hole saw to add a side inlet to the gully for rainwater (as was the case before)

Anyway, because this is part of an extension build I wanted to check this bit before moving on. I've got a Baily pressure test kit but I can't get anywhere near to 100 without the gully bubbling and then it sits at about 60.

Have I done something wrong here?

Sponsored Links
Not sure which type of gulley you have used, bottle gulley you cant do much with, hopper with a 'tick' trap, stick another bug down the hopper and seal it that way. To be honest, drainage, in normal circumstances, isn't under any pressure, out of the miles that is put in every week on sites, I bet very little is tested. Provided you've chamfered all cut ends, and lubricated the seals prior to jointing, and if it is holding some pressure, then it is very unlikely anything will leak anyway.

Has the BCO insisted on a test, or is it just for your peace of mind?

Hi Hugh, was purely peace of mind in case they did test. As it connects to my old stuff not really sure how test the whole thing or how I prove the jsshs isn't with the new install? As I was still able to get in and bung just before the clay adapter t(hand through a t piece!) what I did

May give them a shout tomorrow, in the meantime I'm going to carry on and connect up some more!

During the heatwave it was bone dry so I'm pretty happy with it. My plumber mate was of the same opinion as you when I last spoke - 'It won't leak!'

Everything chamfered and silicone used

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I wouldn't worry about it then, as long as the bit near the house isn't leaking, the rest may well leak like a sieve anyway, particularly if it's the old salt glazed stuff. BCO's aren't daft, trying to test anything older is pi$$ing into the wind.

Did have one particular jobsworth BCO on a site may moons ago, he insisted a water test on all the stacks. One leaked like a sieve, we never could find where from, so when he turned up, the Groundworkers were on the roof with a hosepipe. :whistle:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back