OSMO MS Advance glue any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to lay about 24 square metres of solid oak parquet to a concrete slab floor.

The slab was laid about 10 years ago, with a DPM, and has wet underfloor heating installed. It's been 'pretty well' levelled with a water based self levelling compound (TileMaster Rapid Level 30) to no more than 3mm, left to dry out for a couple of weeks.

Parquet has been dry laid as a trial run and sits fine.

I am now trying to decide what glue to buy. I am a DIYer so I'd like something that has an open time when applied to the floor of more than 1 minute AND I'd like to be able to put the lid back on the tin and come back to it tomorrow without the glue having gone too thick to use.

And, with a three year old in the house, I'd prefer something that's not giving off too many noxious fumes.

I'm minded to try OSMS MS Advance. Has anyone else tried this and is it any good?

If not, any recommendations (Sika, Woods Good and Lecol seem to be popular, but stinky fumes)?

Sponsored Links
Lecol and Sika are both commonly used by the trade because they work and work well. Yes, they smell for a few days, but given that any parquet floor needs to be sanded and sealed after installation, off-gassing generally isn't such an issue. I've used Lecol several times in restaurants where any long term off-gassing would be an absolute no-no

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back