Our Central Heating has our plumber stumped...NEED your help

But there's an update! Today a WB engineer coincidentally got called to next door which seemed too much of a coincidence to refuse! A few smiles later and he instantly identified the heat exchanger had gone on the boiler and replaced it.
what do you mean by gone? leaking, blocked, etc.

Sponsored Links
Why do I keep thinking one pipe system, thats now been unbalanced.

to add - why do i keep thinking this was a small problem, which after all the messing about has become a whole lot bigger and more costly!

DIY is great, but sometimes when a problem isnt obvious, rather than just changing bits willy nilly, its better just to call a pro!

Hi I have a similar problem with my boiler. the engineer installed it two weeks ago, and all worked fine. But now the heating works perfectly but when we switch the water on it heats up to temp then cuts off.

It's a Sime digital format, and the engineer has been out three times, and worked on it for about 10hrs with no luck. he is stumped as to the fault.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back