Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building an outdoor BBQ/Bar - Made with pallets (has a corrugated metal sheet at the back, behind the BBQ and a corrugated roof)

I am trying to keep it as cheep as possible and am considering what worktop material to use. My original thought was to use OSB with Concrete board on top - then tile on top of that

However - It has been suggested to me to use Lino over the OSB and glue it down and seal it round the edges -

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thank you

Sponsored Links
I used decking boards. Cheap and sturdy, and resist rainwater.

if you layer your top, water will penetrate between the layers and accelerate rot.

I was going to say get a GoreTex one!!!

What about tiles onto ply? I saw one in a kitchen and it looked great!! Lino or decking must be cheapest though.

Thank you for opinions above. Very helpful

I am now going with just wood top - treated - and varnished :)

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
look on ebay for granite off cut or strip outs could be odd sizes but would be ideal if you cut them to fit

I knocked this up last week for the wife. She does all the Barbie's in our house, LOL.
All from scrap pallets. The lift up top has a slide bar underneath to support it.

P1020798.JPG P1020799.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back