Outbuilding - 50% of surrounding land - advice needed

Over development comes to mind

Planners don't like domestic gardens being filled up with buildings just because there is some space avaialble

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. It is honestly beyond me why they would care. It would be a temporary structure fenced in by a (more ugly) 8 foot brick wall. The only person it will affect is me as I'll lose half my garden!

Sponsored Links
Hey you helpful people.

So I managed to dig up an OS map dated 1947-1952. Compared to OS map of today and it doesn't seem that different.

Is this enough evidence to jump for joy???

Thanks

you garden is much smaller now than the others as in you have excceded your permitted development limits

if the the extensions where on the the deed as off 1947 then you would be ok but they are the same as the other houses in the block so anything since is off your allowance

if you note the origional house from front to back covers just over half the plot say 55% front to back leaving nearly half the total are as garden [about 45%]you now have say about 15% left?? so used up your permitted allowance

It looks as though the site hasn't changed between the earlier and present-day maps.

IMO, you would be OK using one-half the remaining yard area; remember that you can include the small front garden in your calcs, AND the thickness of the yards walls at the front and rear.

At the end of the day, if the council grumbled about it, what evidence have THEY got about what was built and when? - probably no better than yours. Are they going to risk taking enforcement action on a matter such as this, where things may not be so clear-cut?

Don't listen to all the doom-mongers; I would never advocate being too cavalier about planning matters, but it's only a shed after all.

unless i cant see all the garden on the pictures there is hardly any garden left???

the way i see it the modern extensions have not been included on either off the plans

The google image posted at the beginning of this thread does not look very clear to me and a comparison exercise should be undertaken to compare what is actually there and the recent site location plan you have found. Site location plans available on council websites or the OS or from anywhere else are renowned for being inaccurate and not up to date.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back