Outbuilding Framing Went Off-Level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The framing of my outbuilding I'm working on somehow managed to go off-plumb in the front-to-back direction and to make matters worse the OSB is already on the sides providing a solid unmovable structure in this direction.

Would this cause any issues in the future? The front of the outbuilding isn't on yet... it's open at the front, so am thinking when I do put the front on I will use wedges to make sure front wall is plumb - this would mean the front is plumb, top of framing is level... but studs not level (though they will not be seen).

It's probably 1cm difference from top of stud to bottom - not noticeable to the eye. I'm just wondering when I put the heavy roof on will it cause long-term sagging?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Tie a rope around the structure and pull it with a heavy car until it's leveled again.
No kidding, I did exactly that when I half built a raised kids house then after winter went back to finish it and it wasn't square anymore.
It worked and when we moved was still standing strong.

^suggestion of the decade. :LOL:

Get the car craned over the house, if it don't fit through the lounge and patio doors. But ensure to use a heavy car, not a standard car. Something like a Rolls Royce Phantom.

Alternatively, just clad it.

I woukd unscrew the OSB and square it up.

Or did you paslode it on?

Sponsored Links
^suggestion of the decade. :LOL:

Get the car craned over the house, if it don't fit through the lounge and patio doors. But ensure to use a heavy car, not a standard car. Something like a Rolls Royce Phantom.

Alternatively, just clad it.

I must be the only person in the country who's got vehicular access to his back garden...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back