Outbuilding Walls Not Plumb - Is it OK to Leave?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just noticed the outbuilding I'm building walls are side-to-side out of plumb. Meaning that if you stand in front of it from the outside and look straight on both left and right walls lean to the right.

I noticed this when I was cutting out the purple sound panel and the top ended up being 69cm wide whilst the bottom needed to be cut back to 68cm. So about 1cm difference across a 2m range.

Pictures:

1D7KLw3.jpg

sLOPzHS.jpg

5DzFIyN.jpg

Wall on other side is sloping in same direction:

Is it acceptable to leave it like this because I can't think of any way to straighten them now. That back room behind the door is all finished AKA plastered and painted... everything is done. I only have access to the framing in this front room. The roof is also pitched and the whole structure would be difficult to move.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You knew it was out of plumb before you put roof on, then was the time to sort it out, or did you damage your car trying:).
Just leave it as it is now, it won't be noticeable.

left and right walls lean to the right.

I noticed this when I was cutting out the purple sound panel and the top ended up being 69cm wide whilst the bottom needed to be cut back to 68cm. So about 1cm difference across a 2m range.

Wall on other side is sloping in same direction:

Thanks.
I had that 1cm out of plumb in a door frame - that showed cuz it was A shaped. Hadn't bothered any other owners since 1960 :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
It'll irritate you massively every time you look at it but it won't fall down & its far too late to try and do anything about it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back