Underpinning an outbuilding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm underpinning one long wall and one corner of a 5.5 x 3.6m outbuilding, walls 2m high in single brick, with pillars. It was built decades ago on a floor slab 2 or 3 inches thick, on soil, and as a consequence the outside wall has moved (no proper restraint between the rafters of a shallow roof hasn't helped - now rectified). I'm only doing one side because the other has a garage slab against it and isn't going anywhere.

My question - I'm digging a trench the width of an edging spade, to a depth of about 10 inches below the existing footing, extending inwards just beyond the inside of the wall, under the slab. I've dug and filled the front corner, and about 1200 along the side. How long should I leave the concrete to cure before digging the adjacent section? Is it advisable to continue the next day?

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back