Outbuilding planning - steel frame / cladded building/garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
evening,

My bungalow is situated on a 3 acre plot of land, not agricultural. We have a garden at the back which is fenced and then the rest is just grass

I want to put up a building / garage out the back. It is not for any business, just my own private use.

I have been looking at farm style steel framed, plasticol metal sheet cladding with a roller door as the most cost effective option.

My main query is on the size. I can see the height restrictions when within 2 m of a boundary, and then the 4m / 2.5m eves, but I cannot see anything on size except

The ground area covered by the garage/car port and any other buildings within the boundary of the property, excluding the original house, is not more than half the total area of the property.

So could I have a 8 m wide by 15 m long, under the required height, in need of building regs but not needing planning?

Sponsored Links
What is the proposed use of the building:?: It would be quite a big garage :!:

A plan might be useful; it's not clear that the proposed location is within the 'curtilage'.

Sponsored Links
What is curtilage - the red line out laying the boundary?

The use is a private work shop and storage of vintage car and vintage tractor and a small loader tractor used around for maintenance.

Curtilage has no formal definition, but is generally held to be the land immediately surrounding the property, so possibly the area you've described as 'the garden' in this instance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back