outdoor cable woes

SALOPIAN

Dont reply to posts that are over 2 years old, its highly likeley he has fixed it by now and maybe moved house had 2 children and a divorce LOL

oh and 3 different cars and even a sex change is a possibility :) :) :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for pointing that out dude, Had not looked at the date due to being late for the pub.
Not been on this type of site before and therefore not fully conversant with
the procedure.
I must ask why is the question is still on after two years?
In hindsight my reply should have been "phone a qualified electrician"
We'll be putting our selfs on the dole giving out free tips to joe public.
Anyway by the the time he's paid out for a megger that would be cheaper.
And what about part P?
Many thanks Sparkydude

Thanks for pointing that out dude, Had not looked at the date due to being late for the pub.
Not been on this type of site before and therefore not fully conversant with
the procedure.
One procedure, common to every single forum on the internet, is to read all the previous posts before jumping in. If you'd done that you'd have seen that
The device in your picture is B32 mcb this operates on over current or short circuit.
The rcd in the picture has not tripped (unless you have reset it).
was a pointless observation.

I must ask why is the question is still on after two years?
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1

We'll be putting our selfs on the dole giving out free tips to joe public.
Another procedure on this site of which you should be aware is that giving out free tips to JP is what it's for...

And what about part P?
Tell us what you think it says regarding this type of job.

Hi ban-all-sheds
My comments about free advice were meant as a joke.
But on a serious note the untrained carrying out electrical installation/maintenance works could put themselves & others at risk.
Is that not why that"nice Mr Prescott" introduced part P?
costing qualified tradesmen like myself unnecesary monies.
As for what i know part P says about this matter,
May i email you the 2006 edition in full?

Best regards

Salopiansparky

Sponsored Links
Tell us whether or not you think a new member, who has been polite and who has apologised with humility, deserves to be entrapped, bullied and abused.

Can you show, rationally and with reference to reasonable standards, where I was entrapping, bullying or abusing?

Hi ban-all-sheds
My comments about free advice were meant as a joke.
And how exactly was that made obvious?

But on a serious note the untrained carrying out electrical installation/maintenance works could put themselves & others at risk.
Indeed they could. There's no evidence to show that it happens a lot in practice, but they could.

Is that not why that"nice Mr Prescott" introduced part P?
Not really.

costing qualified tradesmen like myself unnecesary monies.
Not much.

As for what i know part P says about this matter,
May i email you the 2006 edition in full?
No need - I just wondered what you thought the OP should have been told about, that's all.

BTW - there is no "2006 edition" of Part P.

Can you show, rationally and with reference to reasonable standards, where I was entrapping, bullying or abusing?
Absolutely. Since you've specified no time limit, all I need to do is wait, because sooner or later you will do all of those things.

I'm sorry - I thought that because you wrote this:
Tell us whether or not you think a new member, who has been polite and who has apologised with humility, deserves to be entrapped, bullied and abused.
you were saying that I'd been entrapping, bullying and abusing Salopiansparky in this thread.

Hi ban-all- sheds
There is indeed a2006 edition of part p.
I have it here before my own eyes
I will gladly send it to you should you allow me to do so.
(its fully kosher ie not a pirate coppy or anything like that)
The very reason the government gave for its introduction was to reduce
the number of deaths and injuries caused by unsafe electrical installations

Hi ban-all- sheds
There is indeed a2006 edition of part p.
I have it here before my own eyes
Hi Salopiansparky1

Please excuse my butting in here.

I think the dcument you're seeing is the government's "Approved document P - Electrical safety - Dwellings (2006 edition)", with a front page that looks like this:

1115314225989.gif

Many people mistakenly refer to as "Part P", but it's only for guidance. The 'real' Part P is a section of the Building Regulations. The BRs is a less readable document, hence the need for the guidance document.

Hi there goldberg
Document P is part P i Know iv'e read it ithink its 49 pages or something like that.
Document P is a part of the building regs as are parts M&L etc

I'm afraid that Doument P is not part P of the building regulations, its merely guidence on how to comply with it.

Similar situation to the highway code, its not the road traffic act, but its the document you read and follow to avoid being guilty of offences under the RTA

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back