SWA Cable & RCD Wall Socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My garden has a weatherproof outdoor double switched passive RCD socket. I am thinking of getting power in my garage for a double socket and to have a lighting in there. My garage is dettached which is about 20 metres away from the garden RCD socket so I think 2.5mm 3 core SWA cable should be fine as I would only be using power in garage for pressure washer and my hammer drill as and when required. My question is can I spur off my garden double switched passive RCD wall socket in order to get electricity into my garage?

Thanks.

Dean

Sponsored Links
Where is the existing 2.5 armoured supplied from? and whats the protetcive device?

The garden wall socket is running off the kitchen from a small round junction box. I'm not sure what that is as it was done by electrician from previous owner. I don't know what is meant by protective device.

Do you have a picture? and protetcive device is fuse or circuit breaker? (either fuse spur, or fuse/mcb at consumer unit) what size breaker is the kitchen sockets on? and do you have a picture of the fuseboard/consumer unit?

It sounds like what you want will be possible, but only after a bit of adjustment at the supply end (picture will help more)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back