Outdoor Spotlights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently moved into a new house and there is a small halogen PIR security light above the garage door. It illuminates the back door and car port area. I'm not sure of the wattage, but it is fairly powerful. It is a security light but we only really need it to see where we are going at night. We also have a side passage which is currently unlit.

After noticing that the sensor was actually broken and fastened on with tape, I mentioned it to my electrician. He suggested getting a new one, and has recommended the Beacon 42W Black Sensor Spot Light from B&Q as a replacement:

http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/lighti...s/Beacon-42W-Black-Sensor-Spot-Light-12067581

He has also recommended the twin version (Photon 42W Black Sensor Twinspot) to illuminate our side passage:

http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/lighti...hts/Photon-42W-Black-Sensor-Twinspot-12067578

These seem reasonably priced, I guess they will be cheaper to run, and I like their appearance, but I notice the reviews are pretty poor.

Does anyone have any experience of them? Are they going to be significantly different from my current light? Can anyone recommend any alternatives?

As ever, many thanks!

Sponsored Links
Not read the reviews, but bear in mind that the buyers for places like B&Q scour the world for the cheapest products they can find.

Have a look at the LED ones on Amazon. Lots of reviews. I've just bought a couple and am pleased. Metal construction bolted together. Never need a new lamp.

Yep definately look at LED floods. Super efficient, and mantinence free.

Beats those dreadful G9 things from bnq by a mile.

Sponsored Links
Actually, scratch that. The twin head one has sold out and because it was a trial product, it is not going to be restocked. Marvellous.

Does anyone know any other products like this (single and twin LED PIR spotlights)?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back