Outdoor tiles on concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a porch at the front of the house which has been layed as a concrete slab. It will have a pitched roof over most of it. It is around 10m x 2m.

I would like to lay tiles on the concrete. I'm thinking black slate or Porcelain tiles.

I'm going to get a few quotes, but I'm unsure what I should be asking for or looking for.

What is the best way to lay this floor e.g what adhesive? Would you use the same adhesive and grout that you would indoors?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
for the outside, do NOT use the same adhesives and grout as the inside of the house!

remember that the outside needs to be capable of dealing with water and fog. therefore you should use 'exterior' or 'waterproof' grout and adhesives! only if you are completely certain that minimal water will get onto the surface of the tiles, you can consider normal adhesives and grout, but preferably use the exterior or waterproof. hope this helped!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back