outgoing friend requests

Reaction score
Country
United States
I must have had the option once upon a time to request friends but now I don't. Nothing else seems to be missing, there just aren't any options under outgoing friend requests.

:oops: :oops: :oops:
It would seem I dropped a clemmy
Nevermind, I figured it out :oops: :oops:

Sponsored Links
the time diff is the biggest obstacle---but they're are some really good folks on here that I am proud to call friends!
:LOL:

Sorry to hijack your thread but I am new to this site, how does one go about PMing someone, do you have to be friends first?

Sponsored Links
yes you do have to be friends ---but as I have woken up this morning and it dawned on me--click on the person's name and you can request that they be added as a friend---not a guarantee they will say yes, but it puts you where you have the option. Does this help?

Thanks for the info.

OMG, I have a message in my inbox ;)

Got your message, that's good to know :)

It's not quite as simple as I thought, I just tried to PM someone, who I'm not friends with, got this message :-

"You are not friends with the user you are trying to send a message to. You can only send private messages to friends, unless they have allowed messages from 'non-friends'"

sorry for the 'duff' info then Im an american--blame it on that :LOL:

I just tried it, same result, have to be friends first, even with a friends request pending.

Strange how Mlb3c managed to message me without me having accepted the friends request, I guess my setting are different.

I guess it stops Spammers as it's a busy site, still makes it difficult to contact people and I am now forced to put a black mark against the messaging system.

To clarify, for members who joined before the Network (and PMing) arrived their default setting is only to be contacted by friends, for members who joined after the Network arrived their default setting is to be able to receive PMs from anyone.

This setting can be altered on the Message Settings page.

We did this because we determined it would be 'reasonable' for members who joined pre-Network not to expect PMs from anyone (only friends) and to only enable this feature as they wished. For new members post-network as the PMs are a default feature it is 'reasonable' for them to expect to receive PMs.

As I mentioned before this option can be changed as you wish on the Message Settings page.
:D

Sponsored Links
Back