Outhouse power supply method

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

A friend of mine wants a new power supply to the bottom of her garden. She is currently running a hot tub and a freezer down there off an unfused spur from the house ring!

I have suggested coming off the consumer unit into SWA but she is in a mid terraced, with concrete floors.

What would you guys suggest? I suppose surface running is the only way. Or changing the spur to a 13A fused outlet but the hot tub pulls about 2.6KW at worst so this doesn't sound ideal to me?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
How far is the run to the bottom of the Garden? Hot Tub is 2.6KW what does the Freezer pull 100-400W?

How far is the run to the bottom of the Garden? Hot Tub is 2.6KW what does the Freezer pull 100-400W?

Not sure mate, not a massive garden from memory so maybe 15 metres or so. Shes not sure about the freezer current but I would imagine a couple of hundred watts. Doesn't sound good on top of the hot tub draw!

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back