Outside BT Cable

OK, I'm much happier now.

I made a complaint about the work done and an Openreach engineer has come out and he was much better and understood my concerns completely. He has put in a complete new feed from the nearest BT box to the house, left me plenty of slack so the workmen can move it out of the way while doing my drive and he has given me a 3m length of the ducting and a couple of bends that I can trench in during the drive work. He has also given me some of the gel filled crimp terminals that they use so that I can disconnect the cable from my BT box on the wall of the house, feed it through the ducting and then re-connect it in the box.

I am now happy that, should the cable fail for any reason years down the line, BT will be able to get a new cable in without having to disturb my new drive.

Now why couldn't the original guy have done that? :evil:

Russell

Sponsored Links
it's BT ! I'm surprised you managed to get that out of them ! Well done. Don't want to tar all BT engineers with the same brush by the way just 99% of them

There are no BT engineers anymore we all are now openreach engineers working on behalf of BT or cable and wireless or any other service provider!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I stand corrected I thought open world was a secondary branch operating within BT.

:idea: Ah if there subbies that explains the quality of some of the cabling !

Sponsored Links
afaict openreach is still part of BT group but its run with an almost paranoic seperation due to pressure from government regulators to make sure it treats everyone who rents lines from it (both other parts of BT group and BTs rivals) equally.

I've seen this happen with other Utility companies.

They split off the Meter Reading, or the New Connections, or the Digging Up the Road, or the Industrial Contracting operations; then it's easy to sell them off as separate companies, or close them down :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back