outside christmas lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , i know how to fit a outside socket ,but my son wants me to fit one that christmas lights with the big transformer plugs will fit into ,i don't think i can get a socket that will take these big plugs ,so i'm wondering what my best options are ,
option 1. running a extension socket which would be placed in a dribox which simply goes through the wall & is plugged into indoor socket ,
option 2. wire outside socket to mains as normal ,but place in a dribox with an extension which could be simply plugged into the outside socket which would be in the same dribox
what do you think

Sponsored Links
June is the best time to check the lights are working.

This box is used for the lights on the Village Green Christmas tree and does the job. As it is not a permanent fixture the power comes in via one of the cable outlets and not via a conduit
tree power box.jpg

http://cpc.farnell.com/masterplug/wbx/weatherproof-box/dp/PL14183

( The carpet came with the cottage, not my choice. )

Sponsored Links
the plugs are called wall warts , i still need help how to fit a permanent dribox for them , thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back