Outside light spurred off socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to a job today to add a spur socket. Before doing the testing I noticed the outside light had been directly spurred off a socket in the kitchen. On the minor works cert for doing the IR test would it be ok to put 'LIM' in the box for testing P-N & explain in the agreed limitations box that I joined the P-N & tested IR to the cpc because an outside light had been connected to an existing socket.

Sponsored Links
If there is no fusing down and the outside light cable is 1/1.5mm² then I'd be concerned about lack of overcurrent protection

If the light has a FCU you should be able to use that to isolate it during your IR test.

if not I would mention the limitation of only doing a P+N-E IR test in the limitations box AND put a note about the noncompliant outside light setup in the condition of existing installation box.

Yeah, I was concerned aswell & mentioned it to the customer. There is no fusing down & it is 1.5 t&e & on the RCD side. Customer didnt want anything done about it so I left it. Just filling out the cert & thought I would put a comment in that I advised some sort of FCU be fitted. Do you think that covers my a**.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back