Minor Works Certificate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If I install a spur or additional socket to an existing circuit, what tests need to be done before the circuit is energised bearing in mind its only a minor works cert!
I was told that as long as you just tick to say the polarity is correct then that will do! Is this right?
I thought that you had to test...
cpc,
IR,
Polarity,
Zs

Sponsored Links
You're correct. You have to establish that the circuit it safe before you carry out the works, so: cpc continutiy, ir, polarity and loop. Also that bonding in place too

Sponsored Links
Can you settle an discussion for me please gents, have been talking with amate of mine (sparky also).

He says on changing a CU you should issue a full inspection cert.

I thought you only needed to issue a MWC?

Who is right :?:

Your friend unfortunately, you cant issue a minor works certificate for a consumer unit change.
Notes for a MWC in BS7671 state that the certificate can be used for the replacement of equipment such as accessories or luminaries but not for the replacement of distribution boards or similar items.

An electrical installation certificate is required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back