Outside light workshop confusion.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, excuse my **** poor of a diagram. I have an electrician that has offered to wire my workshop up he is doing it for free, but I'm doing all the running of the wires and stuff. He calls in on me now and then and gives me instructions of what to do and brings me the bits I need.

I keep dropping things on him as my plans change, like an outside socket and have now also decided I want an outside light.

Anyway, he came round yesterday and told me where to put the switch for the indoor lights and also said he wants conduit coming out of the top of it and connected to another switch like my diagram. I didn't think much of it whilst he was telling me, but now it's blew my head away.
This diagram is what I think it is I need to do, but just want it confirming. The red circle in the middle of the higher switch is where I'm guessing the "power in" wire is split into two and fed into the lower one.

What's confusing me is when the top switch is turned off, surely that will disconnect the power to the bottom one too?

Also, the top switch is not a fused spur switch from what I can tell, it's just a bod standard switch I've been given.

Thanks

Attachments

• Drawing.jpeg
    Drawing.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 107
Sponsored Links
From where "outside the UK" is this installation? Because rules and practices vary.

I'm from England, Electrician turned up today anyway and sorted it out. I was pretty much correct with my diagram.

Sponsored Links
Back