Outside Lighting help/ advice please.

S

sparky40

Hello All,
I will try and keep it simple !
I have recently installed 3 x outside light's that are operated by one passive sensor, and a one way switch. The cabling all runs to a suitable adaptable box next to the C/U.
All were working fine for the half an hour I spent adjusting the lux/time/range. After a few days the customer said that sensor was not working but it was ok as they just used the switch.
If the sensor does not detect anything and the switch is in the 'on' position then it will send 240v up to the outgoing 'switched' live terminals of the sensor, this appears to have 'blown' the sensor. Can anybody give me any help before I start with relays !!!!!!

Thanks for any help in advance. (any snides, snipes or critisismn welcome as I find the banter quite amusing when done properly )

Sponsored Links
have you had a chance to check the pir yet? it may be something else is stopping it from working, never hear of a pir going as you suggest, although it is possible

Could it be a naff sensor as it did seem a tad cheap !!

I have this horrible gut feeling that I am going to be asked to post a pic of the circuit detail ! Which I will try and sort but it could take a while and wont be pretty, believe me !!

Cheers lads.

Sponsored Links
Cheers Breezer,
Yes I had time to have a quick look and could not get 240v out of the 'switched' side of the sensor.
Thanks.

ah. :cry:

some, not all pirs will stay on if you switch off then on the supply (less than 10 seconds) no relay required

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back