Outside lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm currently having house re-rendered.

I have an outside light on each side of the house, both are fed from a fused connection unit on a bedroom, next to a double socket.

Trouble is they've always been a bit too high up.

World it be reasonable to fit a junction box where therlight currently comes out, then wire they light a little further down the wall?

If so guess my question is dors it need to be a special junction box to terminate he current cable as it exits the wall and do I need to run the ength of cable in conduit or is there a special external cable I should use?

Hope that makes sense and all help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Water is the big problem any void which warms up and cools down can suck in water, but if the void is filled, even with petroleum jelly, then no void to suck water into, so cables are black to resist UV same with plastic boxes, and need a tool or key to access.

So just common sense.

You say they are fed from a fused connection unit - can you not just run new cables from the FCU to the lights?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back