Outside paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I would like to know how much would it cost to paint outside of my house. originaly 3 bedroomed now extended to 4 bedrooms. The house is pebble dashed painted 3 or 4 times in last 30 years. The new extension is also rough cast pebble dashed. This stuff is rough.

What sort of price would I be expected to pay. I would like a coloured smooth paint which I am led to believe is slightly dearer than white. I have one estimate of £2000.00. This seems a bit steep. Positive feedback will be highly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I paid 600 (labor only) for painting semidetached 3 bedrooms house, same finishing as yours.

Hi All

I would like to know how much would it cost to paint outside of my house. originaly 3 bedroomed now extended to 4 bedrooms. The house is pebble dashed painted 3 or 4 times in last 30 years. The new extension is also rough cast pebble dashed. This stuff is rough.

What sort of price would I be expected to pay. I would like a coloured smooth paint which I am led to believe is slightly dearer than white. I have one estimate of £2000.00. .

If it's off shelf colour expect to pay circia £25 per 5lt if it has to be mixed expect to pay £40 per 5 ltr in dulux trade masonry.

Are walls clean/sound i.e no algae/fungus ? are we talking walls only. do you want upvc cleaning ?
Lots of ladder work/ scaffold? £2,000 is not a rip off. But impossible to quote without seeing.. ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi All

What sort of price would I be expected to pay. I would like a coloured smooth paint which I am led to believe is slightly dearer than white. I have one estimate of £2000.00. .

If it's off shelf colour expect to pay circia £25 per 5lt if it has to be mixed expect to pay £40 per 5 ltr in dulux trade masonry.

Are walls clean/sound i.e no algae/fungus ? are we talking walls only. do you want upvc cleaning ?
Lots of ladder work/ scaffold? £2,000 is not a rip off. But impossible to quote without seeing.. ;)

Hi Jondecs

You are right about the price of paint. Sandtex coloured smooth exterior paint is £25 for 5 litres. The walls are sound without algae/fungas. Minor repairs needed where old downpipe brackets were removed leaving holes to fill. At back one spot is very difficult to get to with ladder. Most can be painted off ladder. That is why I have been quoted £2000. Also painter says it will take 7 or 8 tins of paint.

Another painter is coming this afternoon to give me a quote.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back