Pebble Dash painting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

Could anyone give me an idea on how much it would cost to get the pebble dash on my house painted please.

My house is a three bedroom semi detached property. The pebble dash hasn't been painted previously. The pebbles are small sharp rock types.

Would it be more cost effective and a better finish to have Tyrolene applied?

How much would a Tyrolene coating typically cost?

Would it be normal for me to source supplies?

Ultimately I would like something which has the best longest lasting most durable finish.

I appreciate that an exact price would require a home visit but I would appreciate any help, guidance and advice.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It's impossible for anyone to give a price without seeing the job in order to know what needs to be done. There are so many variables including:

• The type of pebbledashing you have - some are harder to paint than others. (Yours sounds like it could be sparred :confused: )
    Many dashed/sparred walls hold dirt an allow moss and algae to form so could need thorough cleaning/pressure washing before painting.
    How much other prep work is involved?
    Would scaffolding/access equipment be necessary?
    Would spraying be an easier/quicker option and if so how much masking work would be required?
    How long would the job take?
I've seen loads of exterior jobs that have just had a quick lick of paint and initially looked fine but, on closer inspection, have moss/dirt under the paint, splashes all over the windows, fascias and soffits and missed bits because of poor access, all of which would cost more to put right in the long run. :(
It wouldn't be fair on anyone (you or any decorator) to guesstimate a price so the good old, 'get at least 3 quotes to compare' phrase is vital in this instance.
The above list contains a few things to ask/look at when getting quotes and will hopefully help you get a better idea of what you would be paying for. Probably not what you wanted but at least you know what to be looking for.

You could supply materials yourself but any faults/failures could be blamed on you. Tyrolean is not usually applied directly over pebbledash (in my experience anyway) so painting is probably the better option.

Thanks for the reply I appreciate what you are saying and would never have taken someones idea of price as a definitive cost.

It was more so that I could attempt to gage if I could realistically afford to save for the project.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back