Outside power socket tripping

How did I fit a socket on the armoured cable at the top of the garden? I stripped the end and connected it to outdoor double socket? What am I missing here?
So you used a CW gland, and a banjo or earthnut to connect the earth core to the armour, or to use the armour as the earth if it was 2-core?

AND IF YOU DID ALL THAT, HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY NOT KNOW HOW MANY CORES THERE ARE?

Sponsored Links
Easy I'm not an electrician, hence I'm on here seeking advise!
When I fitted the gland ( followed instructions) I remember putting the nut over the steel or something like that? If it was in the instructions I.e earthing the gland I would of done it. Could this be the cause possibly?

Easy I'm not an electrician, hence I'm on here seeking advise!
Yes.

AFTER you have decided that it would be just fine for you to do things which were outwith your competence, and AFTER something has gone wrong.

When I fitted the gland ( followed instructions) I remember putting the nut over the steel or something like that? If it was in the instructions I.e earthing the gland I would of done it.
FGS do you not remember?

Could this be the cause possibly?
Who knows - at this stage all bets are off.

But I will ask again, this time so you can't miss it, because I'm not sure you grasp the importance.

blank65x10t.gif
HOW

blank65x10t.gif
MANY

blank65x10t.gif
CORES

blank65x10t.gif
ARE

blank65x10t.gif
THERE

blank65x10t.gif
IN

blank65x10t.gif
YOUR

blank65x10t.gif
ARMOURED

blank65x10t.gif
CABLE?

You say you connected an earth wire to the socket. Where does that wire go to?

Sponsored Links
Well there's no need to be rude is there???? And if was vitally important you should of said 'it is vital I need to know how many cores??' Without physically checking (it is 1:30am) I do not know? I looks very similar to the pic of the gland so that thickness? But I've got a live, neutral and and a earth wire that all go into the outdoor socket in their holes. Although there is another earth hole on the outdoor socket as well.

Just to be clear I have a neutral, live and earth wire in the armoured cable that I striped back and used a gland to seal it and I wired the 3 wires into the back of a double outdoor socket with a spare earth hole.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back