outside render crumbling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
The outside of the house was rendered by the builder before I bought it some 5yrs ago. Large sections of the wall is crumbling the paint has flaked off and now the render is like dust, you can rub it and it crumbles away. This is in varies spots around the lower lever of the wall. The render does not go right down to the floor it has a 6 inch gap from the floor level to were the render starts. Someone has said that the builder has probably not sealed the render correctly and that's why this is happening. Any ideas? Also would I have to chop back up the wall until I reach good render and re do it or will this not work. Its a big area of render and not sure what to do really.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Pics would really help - pic the elevation(s) and some detail, esp. at the foot of the wall(s).

Usually, its best to hack off to the masonry and re-render.

When you say floor, i guess that you mean ground level?

Perhaps transfer this post to the plastering & rendering forum?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back