Outside rendering and paint removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I am a few months away from getting quotes but not sure what is best to ask for. I think the rendering under the bedroom window needs to be done or is it best to get all the front rendering done?

Also the red oxide paint was on the house when I bought it about 22 years ago. The surveyor when I bought the house said not to repaint as the bricks can not breathe. Should I ask for the paint to be removed? How would they remove it?

Any general advice on how to improve the look of the front of house appreciated. :)

Attachments

• P_20160527_124410.jpg
    P_20160527_124410.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 129
Sponsored Links
I hate roofers who point up the ridges without matching the colour of the pointing to the ridge tiles!!! Sorry about that just a No No to me.. It looks like the render/ roughcast on the bay could do with hacking off and re-doing cant really see what the rest is like, but doesn't look too bad.As for getting the paint off the brickwork I dont think you will be able to take it without damaging the bricks, maybe a heavy duty power washer might get it off. If so then I would not re paint it. You might have to have it repointed, depending on how much the powerwasher takes out. But a good brickie or plasterer could repoint it and it should look spot on if done properly.And it will give the front of the house a face lift having nice bricks instead of painted bricks. I for one would get a few quotes to bring the brickwork up nice. And anyone you get to quote ask them to see some of the work they have done in your area and have a chat with the owners of the work they did..Good luck;)...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back