outside security lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have 2 x8 watt pir security lights run from a fused connection switch via a light switch which operates both the pir lights, no probs

my elderly father has a rather old pir security light, which i wish to replace with 2 of the same i have, the power for his at the moment comes straight from a socket in the kitchen, in other words light cable plugged in socket
Would i be able to run the above lights from the socket
Many thanks
John

Sponsored Links
Many thanks Terry plumb, I have checked the house consumer unit and it is RCD protected, however the socket in the kitchen which his light runs of looks a bit tired,
Would I be ok to replace with a RCD socket, the current socket is just used for the outside light power

If the socket is on a circuit already protected by an RCD then there is no need to fit an RCD socket. You can just change it for a standard socket and continue as normal.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back