Outside tap Cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,

Just wondered guys and gals how much would a reasonable repair cost on an outside tap .A supposed mate has nearly fitted it and im a tiny bit surprised but maybe im out of touch .

Time and labour will be 90 mins . ( He already did an hour said he just needs 10 mins to fit reducer )

Parts used so far as its in an out building .There are 2 x 90 degree turns as its got to go across a small ceiling ( the feed pipe ) .

1. Outside tap
2. Shut off valve
3. Around 12-15 foot of 22mm copper pipe
4. Plastic Brackets
5. A reducer of 32mm to 22mm from where the mains is .

Thanks in Advance

We are in the midlands Notts area .

Sponsored Links
I didnt want to say what he is charging as that might influence peoples opinion . I can get pics but not at this moment im afraid .

If i say i was expecting around £70 would i be well out of touch . He is a qualified plumber and does a damn good job but seeing as he is a mate i would expect him to cost it properly and knock a tiny bit off seeing as he knows us . Thats how i operate with friends .

Sponsored Links
Ok, I thought it would be cheaper as he is a mate. The next question would be how much of a mate is he and is this tap in your own property or for a property you own?

Andy

Ok, I thought it would be cheaper as he is a mate. The next question would be how much of a mate is he and is this tap in your own property or for a property you own?

Andy
Sorry but can i ask what as this got to do with what im asking not being funny but surely ive given all the info required cant you just answer the question ............im not being rude with that reply or i dont mean it that way .But to give an answer we know him well , we are not drinking buddies but we know him well and its for an out building on a new business venture we are doing to water some plants . But i fail to see what this has to do with his price . He know us well and and he uses what he uses to put it in .

Materials must cost £40/£50? and does he live local? i done a few small jobs(brickwork) for a friend a while ago charging him £150 a day at weekend, then his neighbour wanted some work doing and he told him that i charge £150 a day, he thought that was my normal rate, some people are so out of touch with what tradesmen need to earn.

Sorry but can i ask what as this got to do with what im asking not being funny but surely ive given all the info required cant you just answer the question ............im not being rude with that reply or i dont mean it that way .But to give an answer we know him well , we are not drinking buddies but we know him well and its for an out building on a new business venture we are doing to water some plants . But i fail to see what this has to do with his price . He know us well and and he uses what he uses to put it in .
Are you getting an electrician in to wire up some lights:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back