Outside tap - all-in-one kits for plastic pipes.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

Just about my first ever plumbing project will be to fit an outside tap! I was pleasantly surprised to find that Focus do a simple all-in-one kit for fitting an outside tap for just £12.99. I was just about to buy it when I realised that it was only suitable for use with copper pipe systems, whereas I have a 22mm plastic pipe system.

I would therefore like to ask if anyone knows of similar kits that are available for 22mm plastic pipe systems. If you do, I'd be very grateful to know where they can be obtained from and the approximate cost. Does anyone have any experience of using all-in-one outside taps? Any negative/positive stories?

Thanks very much for reading my post!

Kind Regards

Jon

Sponsored Links
Do you have a 22 mm cold water supply :?:

The kit you are referring to attaches to a 15 mm mains supply pipe, normally the supply to your kitchen sink.

Personally I would not use as the self cutting tap bores a small hole in your supply pipe and does not give the full pressure available.

Try it and see. :D

as mentioned the kits you refer to are self boring, i have seen them "go wrong" which then means you have to drain all pipes down to do it properly. do it properly in the first place, also put a valve inside so you can turn off outside tap for the winter

BAHCO, Breezer

Thank you very much for the advice - it is much appreciated, especially as I am a complete novice!

I think I will take your advice and do it properly rather than use a self-cutting tap. What would you recommend for cutting the pipes? I notice Focus do a tool for cutting plastic water pipes for £1.99, which I was probably going to go for.

Breezer - thanks also for the advise on putting a valve inside so that the outside tap can be isolated - is this a no return valve? My shopping list so far includes a tee, a stop-cock, a no-return valve, a drain-cock, extra piping and brackets plus of course the wall-plate and tap. Do you think this is sufficient?

Also, the hole that gets drilled through the masonry will of course be larger than the water pipe that you put through it. What is the best way for dealing with this - should the pipe be encased in sponge casing?

Please keep posting!

Cheers

Jon

Sponsored Links
Jon, 20mm plastic electric conduit makes a good sleeve for 15mm pipe to go through wall. Stocked in B&Q.

Thanks for more great advice guys. And sorry for my error - it is 15mm pipe not 22mm!!

Regards

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back