Fitting an outside tap, do I need to sleeve the pipe?

Did i say anyone was wrong, thought i just said take a hike?, on topic
don't see need to sleeve so i don't!

Sponsored Links
they call it the monday blues
sad-025.gif

Sponsored Links
try gettin to your job in st ives in cornwall. in the smallest street system in the world. with about a thousand tourist thinking your vans invisable. then drill a 4 inch hole through solid 2 foot granite then expected to fit 4 floors of heating system. arrrrrrrgh hate mondays.love fridays though :)

Tried that in Whitby, N. Yorks, same sort of scenario except for granite,
not a bad old job and nice kippers. :D

Started a right row with that one, didn't I?

After reading wiggikins' brief response, I fitted it without a sleeve. Now I'm nervous about water down the cavity. Short of subsidence shifting the wall it's got to be very unlikely, hasn't it? :cry:
If I forget to drain it one winter and it freezes, the leak is going to be pretty obvious I suppose?

Dont worry, with the global warming its not going to freeze in sussex any more!

Holty, how long does it take to drill a 127 mm hole in a granite wall? Or how long to go 10 mm?

How do the core drills stand up to drilling granite?

Tony

agile, alls i can say it takes alot of patience.most people i know round here tend to take the granite out and build around the flue. but if you have to, it just takes a bit longer than usual. as for the wear on a diamond core drill, try find a cheap TFT bit instead, but to be honest 10mm wont hurt, and would prob find it wont take long also.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back