Outside tap dilema

It's 1/2" .

You could always buy a 3/4 to 1/2 brass bush and have that ready just in case.

Please post link to video when completed.

Sponsored Links
It looks a bit small? If you've got vernier calipers, measure the OD before removing it all the way!

Get your water supplier in to look at the isolation for that pipe run, they should be able to find where off the mains the valve will be. Shouldn't cost you. Or it it a supply that is 'on it's own'...?

Every
Get your water supplier in to look at the isolation for that pipe run, they should be able to find where off the mains the valve will be. Shouldn't cost you. Or it it a supply that is 'on it's own'...?
Every house on the street has its own complete water shut off valve on the front of the property EXCEPT mine!
There is also a shut off tap in the back garden for each persons wash house but mine is siezed solid.
Just gonna have to get wet!!

Sponsored Links
you may want to check if you had grass ( stab with metal bar for metal bar )or stones covering the stop tap , could look at neighbours for typical layout of front area to see if different . just a suggestion it could be there and save the hassle.

s there
Do it live, open all the cold water taps in the house. Apply PTFE to the thread of the new stopcock, remove the old stopcock. You will get wet, then screw on the the new tap. Make sure the tap is open when screwing it on. Most important is to get someone to film you while you are doing it.

Andy
My only issue is finding the correct thread size before starting the job. Dont want to get wet 2 or 3 times. Lol

the tap's male thread into the back plate is very unlikely to be anything except half inch.

If he was local to me,...............................I would be there filming it. (and help out if he got stuck)

Andy

Even worse on the third - and most 'standard' public liability insurances don't cover you for work on anything above 1st :confused::eek:

Every
Every house on the street has its own complete water shut off valve on the front of the property EXCEPT mine!
There is also a shut off tap in the back garden for each persons wash house but mine is siezed solid.
Just gonna have to get wet!!

If you don't want to get wet just call your supplier in to put a new stop cock in for you at the front - they have a duty of care to provide you with the means to isolate mains water to your property. Had them in today, in Stevenage, at a house we're completely replumbing - looks like virginmedia filled the old one completely in! They came out on Monday to look and are doing the work tomorrow - suits us as we want to tap into the underground main in the house, at the new boiler location, so that the combi will be the first T off the supply :D

Edit: and we can bypass the bloody vulcathene that is currently under the slab to the back of the house!

even mole grips would do, the costs of hiring an electric freezer is just nuts for this type of task, hell if I was local I would do the job for the cost of hiring one.
ye fair play ( i was only offering a suggestion to op )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back