Outside tap non-return valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I believe this is a legal requirement. Can anyone recommend what valve to fit to the tap or does it go on the hose connection? I have used standard grey 13mm (or is it 15mm?) plastic pipe. Also is it ok to use this type of pipe to bury as an extension to another outdoor tap?

Sponsored Links
Yes it is a legal requirement.
Purchase a tap with one built into the body.
Use 15mm pipe ,you should wrap/cover the pipe in a suitable material if you are covering with screed/concrete.
Pete

if its a new location then the tap must have the double check valve inside the building (thermal envelope).

if this is not possible for an existing tap location a means of isolation and draindown must be provided.

(see i knew that Water Regs certificate would come in handy ;) )

Sponsored Links
It did not help Fluster when he gave incorrect information!

Either he has forgotten or never bothered to take the Water Regs course!

Tony

aint they been banned since '99 those bloody things

they are always locking up cos the washer comes orf its seating

And if you install a tap with a NRV then you'll need to isolate and drain it in the winter otherwise a frozen tap will invariably damage the NRV.

No - we made two distinct, although complementary, statements.

You said that a means of isolation and drain must be provided.

I provided the information that you omitted, which was that you actually need to do the isolating and draining, in the winter, and why you need to do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back