Outside tap/wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whats the best way to stop the pebbledashed wall underneath an outside tap from keeping getting wet and/or green.

I was thinking of maybe an acrylic sheet but could that cause damp from other sources or just to seal the wall with pva.

Any ingenious ideas ?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
you do not say why the wall gets wet, the way i read it the tap is dripping, fix drip.

if it gets wet through use follow previous posters advice or fit short hose

Please, don't be tempted to make the outside of your wall waterproof. The problem with this is it invariably makes things worse. It may stop water getting in, but more importantly, it stops the darned thing drying out.

Imagine a rain soaked wall with one patch "protected" by an impervious layer. Water still gets to the masonary in this patch, by percolation from the adjoining areas. Later the sun comes out and dries up all the walls, except one patch. Can you guess where ;)

Sponsored Links
DarrellE said:
Whats the best way to stop the pebbledashed wall underneath an outside tap from keeping getting wet and/or green.
Is the tap leaking ? if so renew seal/washer then the wall shouldn't go green.

MasonA
May I be the first to welcome you back. Great to see you posting again. :D

That's brill.... great to see you're back Masona.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back