outside toilet inside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an outside toilet that when I take down the inner kitchen wall opening up the larders etc will be inside, which I plan to move to a convenient place for a cloakroom, but it is on a raised level to the rest of what will be the kitchen floor and It made me wonder..............and here is the question, at last.......would it have been raised so there was a suitable drop for the waste?? and if so what is the recomended drop, the answer to this could blow all my design straight out of the window so would love some advice

Have spent some time this evening doing further research and believe it was raised because the soil pipe had a way to travel before breaking in to the main sewage pipe. where I intend to put the cloakroom is in direct line with the new man hole cover and therefore doesnt need to be raised.
Can anyone confirm this for me please.

Sponsored Links
May also have been raised to stop rainwater flooding in and soaking your britches when round your ankles...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back