Outside toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We have a modernised victorian property and it still has the outside coal shed and toilet. We are looking in the future, some years down the line to alter the rear of the property, but in the mean time we are going to tidy up the outside toilet so it can be used in summer time when having bbq etc stopping people going upstairs.
I have removed the wall separting the coal shed and toilet leaving a reasonable sized room. The floor is already a concrete slab and what i want to do is put new toilet and sink in it. I will tile the full interior with some cheap tiles just to tidy it up and make it more pleasing on the eye for people to use.
What i wanted to know is,
1, Can i tile straight onto the concrete floor, leveling it up with the use of the tile adesive as in places the level is out slightly. Or should i put something down first, ie sealer etc.

2. I propose to board the walls with dot and dab and i am planning on doing it myself as it does not need to be great as it will be tiled.

3. Can i tile straight onto the plaster board that has been put on the walls, ie no need to plaster is i am tiling everything.

Thanks for any advice and any tips you may have. This toilet will stay like this for some good years as i wont be doing any extension work for a while so want to make a reasonable job. Forgot to mention that at the moment the out building has two doors but planning on bricking one up and the screed it and then paint to match the rest of the rear of the house.

Thanks Lee

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back