Outside water supply to outbuilding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wen't to look at a job, a guy has had this great big "shed" built looks like a house to me but anyway he has a water supply in the kitchen what he wants is it run out, down and then back up on the outside of the shed and then into the shed.

I have never really done any extention or anything like this all my work is usually inside. so here is what i am thinking

A trentch about 400mm wide about 1200mm deep (within the 750-1350)

Cooper coming out and down join, with MDPE then run this and come up join MDPE to cooper and come out, cover backup

But what i need to know is what sort of insulation should i be using on this type of pipe

ideally id need to insualte the cooper at both ends as well suggestions for this would be appricated as i don't want any freezing, i have looked at the possibility of coming at an angle but due to the height diffrence wil have to be out down and up in.

Regards

AS said never done one like this before so suggestions would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
Couple of things spring to mind - first, I don't think it is acceptable to have pipe joints underground, second is that 1200mm is creating more work than is needed - keep to 750 to 800.

I would also not be enthusiastic about spurring off from the kitchen tap (is the stopcock that far away?), but in any case this will need drainoff and double check valves etc as per norm. Exterior insulation for copper pipe depends on the gauge used, but should not be needed for any subterranean mpde.

You can have copper pipe joints underground as long as they are the manipulative type joints also use Table Y copper.

Sponsored Links
You can have copper pipe joints underground as long as they are the manipulative type joints also use Table Y copper.

Well remembered :oops:

But are there manipulative joints available for the mpde connection?

I'm not doing the digging, you think i'm stupid, i only doing cooper to the MDPE above ground and joining it above ground.

Just the above ground cooper i wasn't sure on insulation levels or even where to get it.

The stop cock is under the sink about 500mm from where i want to come out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back