Oven door hinge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to re-fit my servis oven door but its not happening!
I have worked out how to lock the mechanism and release once in place BUT the bottom part of the hinge doesnt stay in place once the door is shut and reopened - see pic, ref A points to the notch which sits on the bottom of the hole in the oven but it wont stay there it jumps off again when door is closed and re-opened. i have watched several videos online of how fit oven doors but none seem to be an exact match for this catch, what am i doing wrong?

Sponsored Links
It may be that a latch in the mechanism is broken. These things are designed to snap in and out of open.

Is the door fitted with two mechanisms? If so, They might have to be on the correct sides.

Other than that I don't know.

I assume there is one on each side of the door, you will need to fit both at the same time, so the door is offered up square & sometimes at an angle.
Dont force anything

thanks for replies so far.
yes there are 2 hinges and they on the correct sides and i can get them to fit but then once i close the door and reopen it they have come off at the bottom, where there only seems to be the notch holding them on?

Sponsored Links
I think that you are not putting the hinges into the slots properly, they must go in together & at a certain angle it could be 90 degrees or less. They vary, just dont force it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back