Oven door (inner glass panel)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I removed the inner glass panel from my Candy oven TCP21 to clean.

I have put it back in but noticed afterwards that the glass has little black dots on it (rough to touch). These dots are on one side of the glass only.

I now am unsure if I have put the glass in the right way round now?

For safety purposes, should the rough side of the dots be facing the heated side (ie. pointing into the oven) or the opposite site (pointing towards the kitchen)?

What are these dots for?

Ps. Have a look at the images if I am not making sense.

Cheers all.

View media item 23488 View media item 23489

Sponsored Links
The best I can offer is an educated guess that the raised pattern faces outwards. I imagine it is more an aesthetic feature rather than a functional one. However; for your own peace of mind I would advise you to call Candy verify this. http://service.candy-domestic.co.uk/fault-finder/FaultFinder.aspx?Section=13 Be prepared to be humble because Candy will probably tell you this is not a DIY project. Good luck :D

They are just a decorative feature & they should face away from the oven as otherwise they will become contaminated with burnt grease & then be damaged during cleaning.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back