over heating immersion c flex

There is no socket!
Are you sure since we have had:
The cabal from the 13 amp socket to the mains has started to go black.
Ah I see why you say that.
It Is not connected to a 13Amp socket it is via dual pole 20Amp switch
on its own circuit back to the main board protected by a 16Amp MCB?
It Is the cabal from the 20Amp switch Thit is going a bit Black Do you think
Okay I see your point that has cleared that up....but?
It could be the 20amp socket that is at fault.
:confused:
This is why I asked for photographs at the beginning.
I'm sure we can resolve the problem when the OP actually visits his daughters and photographs the problem rather than him and us second guessing as to what he is actually talking about.

Sponsored Links
Please try to get pictures to clear things up?

If this is not possible then you need to establish if all of the conductors inside the 20amp switch are suffering form heat damage or if it is just one particular conductor.

Also, have the terminals inside the switch been affected by heat?

It may just need a new switch and the conductors stripped back to remove the affected / damaged cable. Most likely caused by a loose connection.

Hi

Just as a matter of interest is it the socket end (sorry the switch end) of the cable that is getting black or the heater end?

Thanks

Martin

Hi

Just as a matter of interest is it the socket end (sorry the switch end) of the cable that is getting black or the heater end?

Thanks

Martin

I'm taking bets that it is the T&E from the switch/socket back to the CU.

Sponsored Links
I take it you have been to your daughters and inspected the wiring are you in a position to upload a photograph or better describe the circuit and exactly where the problem lies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back