Overbath shower screens / curtains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a bath with two free ends (one side runs beside the wall). I'm considering putting a shower in over the bath and am looking at my options for curtains / screens that will screen one end as well as the length (or half the length) of the bath. All the screens I've found seem to be designed for baths fitted into a corner. Does anyone know of any screens that will do the job (or curtain rails, for that matter)? Are there any other options (perhaps an end panel of some kind)?

Thanks. (This is my first post here but am about to start a major project so I suspect I'll have more questions in the next few weeks... :)

Sponsored Links
HI

We had the same problem and decided to go with a big circular shower rail attached to the ceiling. They are very readily available (i think they even have one in argos!)

Emma

Cheers Emma, sounds like a good option. A circular rail is now on it's way...

As to the curtain over the bath, we have a particularly strong shower spray and though the curtain rising on the airflow over the bath reminds me of that scene with Marilyn Munroe, the water over the floor puts a distinct damper on things. You can get shower curtains that have a length of small diameter chain in the lower hem, it may be worth looking for this.

Sponsored Links
Majestic (for my money) make the nicest-looking shower screens around, and I remember they had a three-sides enclosure. Very sleek and minimalist looking (frameless), but not cheap.

http://www.majesticshowers.com/ But their website seems to be fubbed at the moment.

Slightly cheaper, but still nice, try Matki.

Low-end, more traditional, try Showerlux.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back