Overboarding a kitchen

peaps,
What do you mean by "bond the gaps"
The photo is a close up of the gap.
View media item 40097

do you want spoon feeding? think out of the box and you may find that you can cut out some 9.5mm board to fill the gap, bond for support, scrim then bond to level then skim.....

you could fit some lath....

you could send me a pm and we can arrange for me to come over and do the job for you, i don't live too far from you....

Sponsored Links
I scraped off the Artex pimples, I did this by spraying water on the Artex with a handheld fine spray every 15 minutes for 2 hours. The Artex then scrapped off with very little dust as it was wet right through.
For the gap in the ceiling where the partition wall had been I managed to put some plasterboard behind the original plasterboard and fix it with I Can't Believe It's Not Nails then fixed 2 layers of plasterboard on top of that with some drywall screws and some more not nails and then used bonding to fill the gap (see photo)
View media item 40575 .
I then skimmed over the top, this is my first attempt at skimming and it turned out not too bad all things considered (the plaster went off very quickly) though I think it will be perfect after the use of an orbital sander and a bit of Polyfilla (see photo).
View media item 40576

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back