Overboarding Gap ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I have just about finished overboarding an old bedroom ceiling, but there is a build in wardrobe running the length of one wall, this leaves me with about a 12 inch gap between the wardrobe and edge of the plasterboard.

I was really wondering what is the best way of finishing off this gap ?

I was thinking about screwing into the last joist and using plasterboard adhesive as the old boards are pretty solid - but would welcome any other suggestions ?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
If the boards that you are boarding over are ok then I would find where the last joist is, and work back from it and find the last one you screwed the new boards to, then cut your board along the middle of that joist then cut your new one to size and fit it in, that way you will have it screwed to two joists....

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunatly the layout of the joists means I can only screw into one of them (unless i tear down the wardrobes).

I did think about running a strip of wood along the top of the wardrobe to hold the boards in place but id guess this would be a lot more prone to movement?

Sponsored Links
can you not go up in the attic to see how far behind the wardrobe that last joist is? maybe you can fashion a noggin onto it to take the plasterboard?
"EDIT" or attach a noggin to another beam?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back