Decorative overboard?

NHW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Long story short, Plasterer didn't skim the ceiling in my cupboard (sliding doors)

Have asked him to return to do it but he said he's finished and to just keep the remainder of what is owed on the amount as he's got another job to get on with.

I actually probably wouldn't want to go with overboarding with plasterboard and then skim etc

So was just wondering if there is a ready made type of decorative (finished) overboard that I could just use to cover up the section in this wardrobe? It's 2m x 53cm

Would even Melamine MDF boards be suitable? Thank you

Sponsored Links
Long story short, Plasterer didn't skim the ceiling in my cupboard (sliding doors)

Have asked him to return to do it but he said he's finished and to just keep the remainder of what is owed on the amount as he's got another job to get on with.

I actually probably wouldn't want to go with overboarding with plasterboard and then skim etc

So was just wondering if there is a ready made type of decorative (finished) overboard that I could just use to cover up the section in this wardrobe? It's 2m x 53cm

Would even Melamine MDF boards be suitable? Thank you

I don't quite understand, do you mean that there is plaster board and that he didn't skim it?

If yes, it may be cheaper and easier to "tape and join", and then just paint the finish. Gaps where the existing plasterboard meets the wall, use expanding foam, once cured, cut away the excess and fill/paint.

Melamine, you will need to find where the ceiling joists are and will have visible screw heads, you will additionally need to scribe it.

I don't quite understand, do you mean that there is plaster board and that he didn't skim it?

If yes, it may be cheaper and easier to "tape and join", and then just paint the finish. Gaps where the existing plasterboard meets the wall, use expanding foam, once cured, cut away the excess and fill/paint.

Melamine, you will need to find where the ceiling joists are and will have visible screw heads, you will additionally need to scribe it.
Sorry I totally forgot to include the picture in my original post lol

So the room side on the right has been skimmed but it seems like the old part which is the left side (inside the wardrobe) he hasn't done.

There is actually 2 joists running parallel to the cupboard longways (the same direction as where the cracks is.

20230822_124805.jpg

Sponsored Links
The photo helps.

You could just rake the crack and fill with Toupret Flex and Fill, and then paint over it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back