Overboarding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Previous owners have battened a wall and the plasterboard on top. As they've papered it (I want it plastered) I've decided to overboard it using long PB screws. In places the battens they've used are slightly loose on the brickwork so I'd like to firm it up before over boarding. How would you suggest screwing through this into the brick work in order to steady the battens and existing boards before over boarding?

I guess a rawlplug will be difficult as the hole through the wooden batten will have to big enough to the the plug through it?

Thanks for help and advice

Sponsored Links
I'd drill it to 6mm and then use concrete screws to hold it all into the wall, you dont need plugs with these.

Get some brown rawl-plugs and a masonary drill to suit the plugs, drill thru the batten (with the masonary drill ) to a depth of about four and a half inches, put the plug in the hole and tap it in till it is flush with the batten then get a 4" screw and just twist it into the rawl plug a few turns then tap it home gently with a hammer till the plug has gone right in then take the screw out and do the same with another plug then screw the screw home. You can do it with one plug but I would use the two as you get a firmer fixing,,,, ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back